Saturday 15 November 2014

Batten down the hatches !!!

Well goodness me, I must not grumble, but my chucks will !!


We have had some terrible weather here, and rain for nearly three weeks solid and lots of wind and gales.
My sweet pekin chickens have really been through the mill a bit, so I thought it would be a good idea to spruce up the ark and move it to a fresh spot.


So I decided first to place the ten wee angels into a dog crate, as you can see Kitty helped out by keeping an eye on them whilst I got on with the work :)


I managed to drag the ark to a better spot and gave it a quick paint of pink to cheer us all up a bit. As you can see Henny Penny and buffy really liked what I had done with the place.


Cocky Locky, gave it a good strutt around too ......


Henny looked dazzled by it all......


Shaggy , was most impressed with his nicer surroundings....


Pepper, wanted to get really close to say thank you.


A meeting was called , and it was agreed....they were very happy indeed !


and to celebrate, they laid me an egg.


they also displayed some acrobatics, for my enjoyment.


I have to say they are the sweetest lil creatures I ever knew, I had them from a few days old and they wont be one till february, but despite this cold and wet spell they still manage to squeeze out the occassional egg or two. Bless their little souls and hopefully now they wont blow off to Oz.

By the way, if you would like to own some lovely Pekin chickens, and are in the uk, then do contact the lovely Josh on 07837185112, and he can post some sweet babies out to you.

I have owned a few different breeds over the years, but I can honestly say that the pekin chicken has the sweetest nature and is so friendly and productive. They are easy to handle and lay small eggs, but have the same size yolk as a large egg.

They are a joy !!

x x x

No comments: