Sunday 17 February 2013

The Art of the Toymaker........

The Art of the Toymaker, is a new exhibition at Sudbury hall, that I have curated, that runs till the end of september. Included in the dolls are my favourite Queens Annes, heres some recent photos of the yellow Queenie......
 underneath her skirt, beautiful shoes and no knickers !!
 the lovely bodice and shredded with age, silk sleeves, with a real boned corset beneath...
 a close up of the boned corset, showing the powder blue satin petticoat , with net topping...
 a close up of the petticoat and the hand quilting effect with the netting...
 that beautiful face, with real human hair and mop cap....
 detail of corset and long human hair plait...
 I love this photo of the nape of her neck !
 a closer image of her laced up dress.....
 I love you Queenie ❤ ♡ ❤
a real english rose !

5 comments:

Dottie Dollie said...

Great photos Deborah! She's a smasher :)

MadBirdDesignsUK said...

Such a wonderful doll. Did humans have knickers as we know them in those days??? Dolly may reflect the clothing of the day. x Joan

Deborah Darling said...

Thanks girls, if you rummage in my archives there are more great photos of another queen anne who has a pocket watch on her waist !! gorgeous !
I dont think they had much in the way of knickers, but I am sure they wore something on certain days of the month ! lol ! xXx

Carmilla said...

wow, that's gorgeous!! <3

Deborah Darling said...

thank you carmilla, she even wears a real bonned corset, I will see if I can get permission to undress her, so that we can see it clearly ! x your blogg has some lovely images too ! xXx